- We adopted a suggestion from a Canadian-Japanese half-Japanese woman. The brand name is a shortened version of the Owners' name, "I.TARU" (pronounced "Itaru"). We ensured that it was easy for overseas customers to pronounce and that it did not have any negative meanings in all languages before naming it.
*I would like to have my watch repaired or serviced. How can I proceed?>
- Please contact us via the inquiry form at the bottom of the "Customer Support" page. You can also reach us through direct messages on our office's Twitter account, "I.TARU watch - イタルウォッチ公式 @Itaruwatchjp."
ISHIDA C&T OFFICE is responsible for handling inquiries with our OEM manufacturers and our affiliated repair companies. We kindly ask that you refrain from contacting OEM manufacturers directly and instead go through us acting as the intermediary.
Please note that we charge handling fee of 525 yen (including tax) per repair case.
*I'm concerned about recommended interval for servicing/repairing the watch.>
- Our general guideline for servicing is every 3-5 years. If you wear it daily, servicing it every 3 years would be sufficient, while wearing it once a week would be fine for a 5-year interval.
While we have no strict rule, as an exception, we recommend that individuals who frequently expose their watches to rain or water-related activities have the waterproof gaskets replaced and undergo an inspection every 2 years to ensure waterproof performance (obtaining a quote is highly recommended).
*I'm concerned about accuracy of the movement.>
- Both the MIYOTA 8215 and MIYOTA 82S0 movements have a specified accuracy range of -20 to +40 seconds per day, with a positional difference of within 50 seconds. For the I.TARU CLASSIC, we anticipate an accuracy range of -20 to +30 seconds at the time of shipment.
*Why is I.TARU CLASSIC said to have good wrist presence despite its thick case?>
- Please refer to the following two points:
*The case has a low center of gravity and it does not have a see-through back.
*The case and bracelet have a good counterbalance. The stainless steel bracelet has thick links.
These two factors contribute to the watch's ability to sit comfortably on the wrist and create a sense of presence.
*Is the case of the I.TARU CLASSIC made by KYOWA Co., Ltd.>
- Yes, the case of the I.TARU CLASSIC is made by KYOWA Co., Ltd.
*What is the weight of the I.TARU CLASSIC?>
- The weight of the I.TARU CLASSIC is approximately 162g when one link of the stainless steel bracelet is removed. The thick links of the bracelet make it slightly heavier compared to other watches. Please consider it to be similar in weight to a diver's watch.
*Will there be any plans to create a non-date version of the I.TARU CLASSIC ?>
- At the moment, we do not have any plans for a non-date version in the I.TARU CLASSIC lineup.
*I'm having trouble taking good photos of the I.TARU CLASSIC.>
- Using natural sunlight is the most convenient and effective way to capture high-quality photos. For time-saving, we recommend taking close-up shots and saving them after enlarging them.
Another option is to use a product photography box that can be purchased for USD10-20 on platforms like Amazon, which can help achieve better results.